WD TV Live Screensaver WD logo

Hey all, I am new to this so please be kind :slight_smile: I am trying to allow the pictures that I have on my screensaver to continue to play basically cutting out the WD logo all together when it does go to screensaver mode as it is for a store and the WD image is not that appealing. Is there a way of changing it so that when it does go to screensaver mode it will just continue to scroll through the pictures indefinitely?

If not, I will have to exchange it for something that will do this for me. 

I appreciate your help people. 

Jez

So are you saying that you have the Screensaver mode set to one of the “Photo” modes, but it’s still showing the WD Logo instead?

Yes, the photo mode for the screen saver works but only for a period of a few mins then switches to the WD logo. I would like the screensaver photo mode to continue indefinitely instead. Cheers mate :slight_smile:

Hmmm.  Well, I don’t have anything to offer.  I’ve not seen that behavior, but I don’t use the photo modes very often.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Can we assume that you have a drive connected and that you have selected a folder or random slideshow as a screensaver. Do you know that all these photos can be displayed by the player and one or more of them are not bad which may cause the player to default to the logo. Tell us how you have set it up and have you tried a folder with a small amount of photos which you know can all be displayed. You can then use that folder as a test.

Ok, no problem. I have set it up as a random picture show.

All of the pictures can be displayed as I have watched them before on the player. 

The screener goes on after 5 minis to the pictures and then shows the random pictures and then after a period of time goes to the WD logo. Blah. 

Thanks guys for your help :slight_smile:

SUCCESS, here is what I was doing wrong and is some good  info for anyone wanting to do the same…

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT IN THE PHOTO SECTION OF THE SETUP, YOU MUST SELECT RANDOM PICTURES REPEAT.

Otherwise it just cycles through the pictures, gets to the end and then goes to the WD logo. Simple solution ah?

Operator error here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Glad you got it working. However I would have expected it to be random forever.

Yeah, me too. Thanks for posting that discovery!