Wd-tv live prioritise network shares over media servers, or favourite folder

Hi There.

I use my WD-TV live with only a NAS.  My NAS does have any media server support so i use it with network shares.  Everything works great except that everytime i want to play video the first option that appears is “Media Servers”. I know that it isn’t a big deal to change the selection to network shares but since I need to do this every time it would be good if i could either disable the “Media Server” option or prioritise “Network Shares”.  Alternatively it would be great if i could add a shortcut or favourite directly to my NAS device.

Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations/hacks that might go some way to fixing this?

Alternatively, I could move the disk from my NAS into a USB caddy and plug it directly into the WD-TV.  Is the prefered method of content for the wd-tv always going to be from a USB device?

Many thanks,

Phil

philipnh, Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live & Live Plus Ideas

Regards,