WD TV Live Plus wrong firmware update from internet

I just turned on my WD TV Live Plus and got a message that firmware 1.05.04.  Netflix is missing.  I checked your site and found that firmware version for the WD TV Live.  You guys needs to fix your internet update.

I just checked the auto-updater…

it’s saying that 1.04.31_B is the latest version…  It’s not advertising a version 1.05.04 for the WDTV Live+…

If you are having errors downloading the firmware update from the software, then do it manually :stuck_out_tongue:

There is no manual update either.

Both the online updater and the website have 1.04.31_B as the latest version.

Yes, some intrepid soul in another thread tried downloading a newer version, despite the fact that WD hasn’t released it yet.  I don’t get that.  Obviously WD didn’t release it for a _ reason _.  They generally offer them as soon as they’re ready.  So why hack around trying to get an unreleased version and then complain?? :dizzy_face:

Looking at your post history, you have posted in one of the bug threads for the Live (_V firmware).

Are you sure you have a Live Plus? There are numerous checks preventing the situation you describe.

I just got the Rollback firmware for the Plus and it is working now.  Rollback_wdtvliveplus_release_1.04.31_B.zip

RoofingGuy wrote:

Both the online updater and the website have 1.04.31_B as the latest version.

Yes, some intrepid soul in another thread tried downloading a newer version, despite the fact that WD hasn’t released it yet.  I don’t get that.  Obviously WD didn’t release it for a _ reason _.  They generally offer them as soon as they’re ready.  So why hack around trying to get an unreleased version and then complain?? :dizzy_face:

On the following link you can download it  http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live

That’s the Live… not the Live Plus.

Both the online updater and the website have 1.04.31_B as the latest version for the Live Plus.

The Live firmware is 58MB and the Plus firmware is 81MB

RoofingGuy wrote:

Says who?

Nogib wrote:

Says who?

Says WD: http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_liveplus :wink:

It’s also not so bright, when the WDC terms of service place restrictions on deep linking, to go around violating those restrictions on WDC’s own webpages. :wink:

RoofingGuy wrote:

That’s the Live… not the Live Plus.

Both the online updater and the website have 1.04.31_B as the latest version for the Live Plus.

My bad, since I own a Hub, Live or Live Plus looks the same to me lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Told you it was real! :stuck_out_tongue:

Next time try not to be so rude.

I never said the file didn’t exist… I said WD hadn’t released it to the public yet, and that there might be a valid reason that they hadn’t (who knows… maybe it was bricking their test devices)… and that it wasn’t the best idea to go around deep-linking to unreleased files, especially after agreeing that you wouldn’t.

If you find me pointing out those truths to have been “rude”, then I can’t help you.