WD TV Live Plus - Constant Reboot only into Firmware update

I have a WD TV Live Plus and have never been able to use it. I have a new AppleTV and an  ASUS O!Play which are both better products (based upon the fact the WD has never worked). I have recently decided to try and un-mothball it and see it I can get it to work with my basement TV. Here is what is is doing…

The unit will not boot unless a USB key with a firmware is present.

It will go through the cycle of installing the firmware and say it is rebooting…

If the USB key remains in the unit it will automatically try to install it again…

If the USB key is removed it will not boot…

Again the hard reset button on the outside has no effect…

I was trying the latest firmware from the WD site.

It will not boot so I cannot get into any setup screens etc to see what is happening… pulling power etc has no effect…

Any thoughts from the group before I pitch it into the garbage? I would like to use it since I paid money for it… And there is no warranty for it in Canada… WD has already refused to look at it since it was purchased in the US.

Thanks in advance for any help and or suggestions…

1 Like

I’m having the same problem.  Have you found a solution or heard back from tech support?  I submitted my question online, but the turn around time for an answer is 1-3 business day.  I tried unplugging the attached USB drive with the fireware, but after rebooting, the media player is stuck at the splash screen.  I’m ready to toss this out.