WD TV LIVE PLUS and Windows Domain Networking = No go

I have just received this brand new WD TV LIVE PLUS and had a pretty high anticipation for the device. My requirement is pretty simple… As long as this box can connect to a network share and stream my ripped DVD (VOB, MP4, ISO Files) and play Netflix, I am a happy camper.

However, after tinkering with this box for hours, I came to realization that it does not support Windows Active Directory Domain Authentication :(** I tried to hit as much forum as possible to find out if anyone else out there has a resolution, but no luck thus far.

My WDTV can see my domain name, my computers inside the domains just fine. However when I go to File Management, or any other network shares area within WDTV, I think I am hitting an authentication issue as it brings up message “This network share can not be accessed”. After hours of troubleshooting and trying to move some of my DVD rips to a workstation with LOCAL WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION, I was then able to access my DVD rips.

Unfortunately, I don’t fancy moving my entire photos, mp3, dvds, movies share from my domain controller (which is running the file server) to my workstation.

QUESTION is:

1. Does WDTV supports domain authentication? If yes, how can I make it work?

- I tried the following user format to no avail (domain\username, username@domain, username).

- I tried changing the workgroup value to no avail (domain, domain.com)

I am running the latest firmware: 1.03.29_B

Can anyone, or WD Staffer helps with this issue before I contemplate returning this box or ebay-ing it?

Thanks!