WD TV Live Player stops playing MTS files (through USB) after 20 minutes

I recently got this Product after seeing really good reviews and usage of the Product. However after installing and trying out my first Home video I must say that I am little dissappointed. I created 2 HD MTS files (1080i) from my Home video footage. Each file is around 3.5 GB and loaded them up in a 8GB USB Flash Drive. When I try to play these files, the WD TV Live Players plays the files but after around 20 minutes it drops the Video and starts showing ghostly images with garbled Audio. I have to restart the Device to continue seeing the Video. Any idea what’s the problem ? and do I have to request for a replacement ? Any new Firmware that helps solve the problem ?

I currently have the following confiuration.

WD TV Live Player Model Number : WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN

Firmware on the Product : 1.01.11

Thanks and Regards,

Harish.

I have not even tried mts etc files…

I did notice playing via hacked firmare, an avi stropped playing 3/4 way through.off hdd

But, hell, I playing with hacked firmware.  Just needed so much play avi…etc stored on dvdr…

Nice hardware… so far

You have the most uptodate firmware available at present.

If this little box just allowed usb play off dvdrs would have been perfect.

But it plays  everything off a hdd docking station thingy

but . have so much written to dvdr :frowning:

if the hacker gets his code right and makes firmware that allows dvdr stored vid files is operfect

but its many dvdr players thingey. I took to pieces my usb to whatever circuit boards

everything I have ide 2 usb and and sata 2 usb works took em appart

so when will WD do this?

just needed this little wdlive thing to do  whats stored on dvdr!!!  **bleep**#

dont like unplug power to the little box just to get whatsn plugged in and eject dibt work pianoear

if just eject and insert new dvd full of avi nkv wont work??

someone workinbg on it

I feel like I may have a defective item at hand. I continue to discover new issues apart from unable to play MTS/M2TS files continuously for more than 20 minutes. I tried to YouTube login and save my account information and the WD TV Live player instantly reboots and restarts itself. I tried atleast 5 times before confirming its not a one-off corner issue with Internet connectivity.

As I am the brand new owner of this WD TV Live I haven’t lost hope so far. I am hoping to get a replacement unit to see everything works normally as stated in the reviews and Product manual.

I will try mts file in a while

utube et c worked outta the box

The youtube problem is well documented and covered on this forum.

I only wanted this to play hdd and USB dvdr writen . helll have an non hd media player that does xvid/divx

just a little box does a lot 1080p EASY… M Y ANNOY NO PLUG IN  USB OPTICAL DRIVES

HAVE 3 CIRCUIT BOARDS, ALL DIFF MANUFACTURERS, PATA > USB   SATA->USB

ONLY THE HACK WORKS

i BOUGHT WDTVLIVE IN THE IDEA THAT COOLD PLAY  STUFF ATORED ON THOSE OLD THINGS CALLED  BLANK DVDRS

POPCORN HOUR NEVER OWNED. BUT#

IT PLAYS EVERYTHING

i TALK DRUNK.  IF ONLY IT ONLY ACCEPTS ALL THAT ST0ORED ON DVDR

BUT IT PLAYS IT ALL 1080P,  SO WHY DID I NEED A BIG GFX CARD 2 PLAY 1080P?>

MARRKEWT ■■■■ DEMAND