WD TV Live now freezing and restarting, never a problem before

This behavior just started recently wihtin the past few weeks. First with an .mkv file, then with an .mp4.

Last night I was watching an hour long program (mp4) and after about 15 minutes the screen froze, then after approx., 10-15 seconds it goes back to the menu (folder where I selected the episode from). If I select it again, it starts from the begining (no option to resume). This happens 2-3 times within a 60 min period. Making it a little difficult to enjoy watching anything on this device.

I’m using what I believe is a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (3rd Gen.). PN: WDBHG70000NBK-01

I’m stream through a local network (wired) from a 3TB My Book Live.

Up until the last few weeks, I have never had this issue before and I don’t recall updating within that time period.

I also have the same model WD TV player upstairs, same configuration (streaming, local, wired). No issues.

I’m a bit stumped. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

[Mod: Moved post]

You’re posting in the Wrong Forum (This is the WDTV Live & Live Plus forum … which is the Old Device)

Your forum is here: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/bd-p/streaming_discussions

Mods please move this post to the correct forum

My apologies.