WD TV Live not finding media on my NAS

i have a Buffalo Teratsation II, 2tb NAS with wired network connection throughout the house.  

i updated the TV Live firmware.  in the video menu i twill list my NAS however it will not find any video files.  i have many formats from mpeg2, mpeg4, wmv, etc. and it doesn’t find anything.  same problem for all media actually on my NAS.  

all computers can see the media, just not this unit.

the NAS shares do not use passwords.  

i assume i have some tweaking to do with the NAS shares folder properties?  

oddly enough, the TV Live unit also see’s all the appropriate computers on the network as well however will not find any media.  i assume this is because they do not have share folders which is on purpose.  i want all sharing to occur via the NAS, not between pc’s.

any help would be appreciated.

I also have a Buffalo Teratsation NAS shared drive but my WDTV box is reading all my video files from my NAS drive.  That’s weird that you can’t read your video files.  Yes you might have to check the setup in your NAS shared folder properties.

i set that and forgot it a long time ago.  i have not logged into my terastation in over a year at least.  any particulars i should look out for?

i have hundreds of movies in various formats which we all watch from various locations.  i hate paying for a dvd only to have my kids scratch it up so i have all their movies on the server as well as our entire family’s music collection.  considering the investment of all the dvd’s we own, it’ s nice to know i have a raid 5 protected digital collection to back it up.  i would buy an external hdd to plug into the unit but i’ve had far to many of those fail on me.  especially the wd mybook essential.

also;

NAS has static ip address from router

media server services enabled

also:

‘everyone’ group already on share folder properites

I am not familiar with your NAS but how are you navigating to the video directory?  via media server or network share.

Have you tried accessing your files on the PC via the WD as well?

when navigating via the WD TV menu i can see the NAS however when viewing the nas by all files, folders, etc. it says nothing to be found.

when navigating via the PC WD discovery menu, i see my WD however it does not find any shares.

when navigating via my PC, i can find and view everything.

Sorry, I did not make myself care. On the WD menu are you navigating to the video directory on your NAS via Network share or via Media server option?

arch2b wrote:

when navigating via the WD TV menu i can see the NAS however when viewing the nas by all files, folders, etc. it says nothing to be found.

when navigating via the PC WD discovery menu, i see my WD however it does not find any shares.

when navigating via my PC, i can find and view everything.

Hello

This is my first post. I just got my WDTV Live recently.

I have an HP Media Vault NAS and if I access it from the WDTV  via  Network Share I can drill into the folders and see all my media. If I attempt to access it via the Media Server option it tells me there is no media in the folder (Video, Music, or Photo)

I have enabled Media Streaming in the NAS itself.

Also on my network I have an Escient Fireball SE80 and I can see all the music on there via the Media Server option

Is there a reason I can see the HP Media Vault media via the Network Share option but not via the Media Server option? Do I need to make any adjustments I am not aware of?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Not sure if this is of any use but it implies an issue with the  router.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Media/Streaming-media-via-a-NAS-that-is-DLNA-compliant-HP-MV2020/m-p/29255417