WD TV Live Network share problem

Hi

I’ve perused this forum for a few weeks now, and have tried all of the proven solutions suggested, but my problem persists…

I bought a WD TV Live in early Feb, updated the firmware since then, and have connected it to my home wifi. So far so good.

The problem starts when I try to connect it wirelessly to any of the computers in my house through the wireless network.

The WDLTV notices my Mac Mini, along with the family PC in the ‘windows’ workgroup section, but when I try to connect to it, it asks for a Username & Password. I’ve tried all of the suggestions, including leaving the input blank, resetting the defaults on the device, allowing SMB sharing on the Mac, even going into the bowels of the system to reroute the file paths. Oh, and Ive looked in Linux shares, only to find an unknown IP address which times out when I try to connect.

Nothing has worked so far. Perhaps there is someone out there who knows where I’m going wrong.

If you’re talking about the latest version of the Live, you’re in the wrong forum.  This forum is for the previous generation Live and Live Plus

jackson5sheets wrote:

but when I try to connect to it, it asks for a Username & Password. I’ve tried all of the suggestions, . . . .

Nothing has worked so far. Perhaps there is someone out there who knows where I’m going wrong.

Try this, it has helped quite a few since I posted it a few weeks ago  Let us know if it helps you, too.

How to resolve Network shares access problems - Western Digital

This post addresses one of the most-asked questions in the forum regarding how to login to Network shares without problems, error messages and hassles.