WD TV Live + My Book 3

Hi,

I want to buy WD TV Live, but I want to know some things before:

1. Does “WD TV Live” recognize and work with “My Book 3” which has a “USB 3.0” connection? I’m asking this because on “Windows” “My Book 3” is recognized only after installing its “USB 3.0” driver. The driver is essential even if you are connecting it to a “USB 2.0” port.

2. Does “WD TV Live” support right to left languages for subtitles? (Hebrew in my case)

Thanks,

Alon

Alon78 wrote:

Hi,

I want to buy WD TV Live, but I want to know some things before:

1. Does “WD TV Live” recognize and work with “My Book 3” which has a “USB 3.0” connection? I’m asking this because on “Windows” “My Book 3” is recognized only after installing its “USB 3.0” driver. The driver is essential even if you are connecting it to a “USB 2.0” port.
  1. Does “WD TV Live” support right to left languages for subtitles? (Hebrew in my case)

Thanks,

Alon

1.  The WD TV Live wasn’t tested with the My Book 3.0, since the drive came out later.  However, the WD TV Live should recognize the drive since it’s backward compatible with USB 2.0.

2.  If you go to the Ideas Lab and search for Hebrew, you’ll find three ideas already posted requesting Hebrew to be supported in subtitles.  Go there and vote for them.  Hopefully, Hebrew support will be added soon.

Funny i came here to find out the same thing about the WD HDTV Live and the My Book 3.

I guess no one knows yet.  Ive wasted too much money in the past being the first to try things out, think i will pass on this one.

At least till we hear about a WD HDTV Live with usb 3.0 coming out. 

Maybe i will find an alternative before then, but i realy would love a portable solution to backup all my video’s on a fast  external hard drive and play them at another location on HDTV without the need for a computer.

You’d be far better off buying the Live and getting some other drive than trying to find another media player to work with the My Book 3.  The Live is still the best media player out there (for now :>) but a drive is a drive, and any other drive hooked to the Live will look and work exactly the same (and drives are dirt cheap right now, so just buy something else and you’ll be good to go).