WD TV Live - MLB.TV - No Audio with Digital Pass-Through via Optical

I was running 2.02.32 firmware and I have audio running to a fairly new receiver via an optical cable and then an HDMI cable for video.  I selected digital pass-through via optial and had all formats checked, no audio with MLB.TV games this Spring Training.  I went back and selected STEREO, still no audio.  

I found this:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/MLBTv-no-Audio-while-streaming/td-p/470232

I UN-checked AAC and left DTS and DD as it said, nothing still.

I did some more digging around and found a BUNCH of articles with people saying they had Netflix audio issues when upgrading firmware to 2.02.32, so I DOWNGRADED to 2.01.86 as instrcutions showed.  When I did this and UNchecked the ACC and left DTS and DD checked, I get sound now…

My question…why?  I do not understand what is going on.  I’ve had issue swith audio on movie files recently and always had to just simply change to Stereo and I would get audio, then switch back to Optical when done with file that would not play when that digital pass through was on.  I don’t understand what is happening.

ANy help would be great.  I have firmware updates turned off now…anyone else see this?  Thanks!

Did you try a full factory reset after updating the firmware? There are times when a firmware update is best followed by a reset for best results.

I tried that one my other WD box I plugged into receiver here, same model…same issue, no audio.

any luck on this?  I have the latest firmware (same as you originally stated) and it worked fine for a long time.  All of a sudden - no audio on anything except for moview playing from my networkshare.  They work fine.  But no pandora, youtube, even music from the same networkshare the movies are on won’t play.

Since it was working, not sure why I have to down grade firmware but if it fixes it, I’ll try.

I ended up unchecking ACC and then mine worked.  When on I had issues but once I turned off I was fine, which is odd.

Ok thanks - I didn’t have ACC checked on mine.