Here is my problem…
The WD TV live keeps being disconnected from the network. I get the message “previous source has been disconnected”
If I re-set my router and remove power from the WD TV Live and start from scratch again I can sometimes get the connection back – but it’s a pain and I shouldn’t have to do it
It is only the WD TV Live that is experiencing any problem
Here’s my set up
- Router = BT Home Hub 3
- WD My Book Live Duo (4Tb). Never switched off – cable connection to router
- Windows 7 desk top pc. Used every day. Our main PC only every switched off went we go out of the house for work or go to bed - cable connection to router
- WD TV Live Media Streamer – Gen 3 2011 model - wireless connection to router
- Windows 8 touch screen laptop pc – wireless connection. Used periodically, but not every day and switched off when not in use
- Panasonic Freeview HDD recorder DMR-HWT230. Used periodically, but not every day and in stand-by mode when not in use
- HP Photosmart Printer with wired connection to item 3
- Various mobile phones and other lap tops when family or friends visit periodically….as usual
How they are used:
- I keep films, music and family videos on the WD My Book Live. This is the storage hub of our entertainment set up
- I keep some videos and pictures on the Windows 7 desk top PC. This is our family work horse PC, as it were, for the usual MS Office suite and internet browsing.
- I record TV programmes on the Panasonic HDD (this is in a bedroom)
- The Windows 8 laptop is the wife’s and used for her internet browsing and email, and occasionally accessing documents on the Windows 7 desk top pc and pictures on the WD My Book Live duo
- Until about 4 months ago I could use the WD TV Live to play items from the WD My Book Live, the Panasonic HDD, and the Windows 7 PC and it was working great
Actions to overcome
I have followed the excellent Joey Smyth guidance on the Forums on how to roll back the WD TV Live firmware, complete a factory reset and ensure items 2-5 are in the same Windows Workgroup. I rolled back to Firmware 2.01.86 but have now returned to 2.02.32. None of the roll backs helped
I’ve also followed the guidance to ensure the windows PC’s and the WD My Book Live are all set to share files etc.
I’ve followed guidance to confirm the Windows 7 desktop PC appears to be the Master browser in the set up.
I am at a loss on what to do and fed up spending hours trawling for help. Hopefully I have supplied enough information for someone to help.
I would appreciate any guidance on how to permanently overcome the problem.