WD TV Live Hub no longer listed under Select Content Source

I have 2 WD TV Live Hub devices in my home.  Both devices are connected to my home network using a wired connection.  When I use the ’ Select Content Source’ option to view media servers on my network the other WD TV Live Hub device is not listed.  The option does not work for either device.  At one point this all worked perfectly fine for me so I’m not sure what could have caused this issue. Both devices are definitely connected to the network as I have access to them from my Windows PC.  It seems like the media server service is not running, or is perhaps blocked by my Verizon FIOS router?  Any suggestions regarding how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

patricktx21 wrote:

I have 2 WDTV Live TV media devices in my home…When I use the ’ Select Content Source’ option to view media servers on my network the other WDTV device is not listed. 

If you actually have 2 WD TV Live devices, then it could never have worked, as those devices have never had media server capability.   Only the WDTV Live Hub has a media server.

You posted in the Hub forum, so please clarify which devices are involved.

Sorry, both devices are WD TV Live Hub.  Also, I did notice today while reviewing my router settings that both devices are assigned static ip addresses.  Not sure whether that makes a difference but wanted to mention it all the same.

Thanks

patricktx21 wrote:

Sorry, both devices are WD TV Live Hub.  Also, I did notice today while reviewing my router settings that both devices are assigned static ip addresses.  Not sure whether that makes a difference but wanted to mention it all the same.

Thanks

Not a problem as long as NOTHING else in the network has the same address and the address is a correct address for your network.

I was able to finally confirm that my problem stemmed from my use of WD LiveWire powerline adapters to connect my live hub devices to my home network.  Once I created a WD LiveWire private network I was once more able to view each live hub as a media server.