WD TV Live Hub network issues

Sorry if this question has been asked before

I have a WD TV Live Hub and also 2 network NAS devices, One is a Netgear Stora and the other is a Netgear readynas NV+ Both of these Nas are seen on all PC’s on my network and dont need any password to add them as a shared drive.

Ok question under network shares on the WD TV hun i see both NAS devices and i am able to connect to the Stora without issues, When i try to connect to the readynas it asks for a username & password. I have left it default and get an error message that it cannot connect.

Just as a side note i also have 2 apple TV’s that are jail broken and i am able to connect to both NAS units without any username & passwords.

Does anyone know what i can do to resolve this as i want to use the readynas as a network share for my WD Hub as it has 8TB storage. Any ideas would greatly help me as i am at ends wits with this.

You may try using anonymous as username with no password.

Tried that still wont connect, I am able to view using DLNA but i need to add it as a shared network.

Not sure why the WD Hub asks for a username & password as my pc and apple tv dont ask for any info as these are on the same workgroup.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this working as a shared network drive

Xtreme56 wrote:

Tried that still wont connect, I am able to view using DLNA but i need to add it as a shared network.

Not sure why the WD Hub asks for a username & password as my pc and apple tv dont ask for any info as these are on the same workgroup.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this working as a shared network drive

Are the Ready NAS or Hub new to the network or was everything working before?

I don’t know anything about the Ready NAS, but can you create a user account for the Hub on it with Write permissions?

Or if you’re not worried about security if there is a Guest account see if you can logon the Hub to the Ready Nas with that.

As i am using the latest firmware for the Hub i downgraded to ver 3.01.19 to see if this fixes the issue as the readynas is not set to any user account and like i said before all my other devices can connect to it without any username & password.

Anyway after going back to ver 3.01.19 its now working. Seems to be an issue with the new firmware… Thanks everyone for your help