WD TV Live Hub & My Cloud

Hi

Hoping someone may be able to help. My setup at the moment is a networked My Book Live with a WD TV Live Hub connected to my network so that I can stream files from my NAS to the _TV Live Hub. _I use the MY Cloud app via my iPad & iPhone.

I recently moved some files across from the My Book Live to the TV Live Hub to free up some space on my NAS.

What i didn’t think of at the time of doing so, would be the fact that once I move the files across, they will no longer be available to view from the My Cloud app (I used to download video files via the app to my iPad to watch when I couldn’t get near the TV Live Hub). 

Is there a way of making the TV Live Hub visible within the My Cloud app so files in the Hub are visible? I tried to manually add a device via the app and using the code I obtained from adding a mobile device from the TV Live Hub but keep getting an error (can’t remember exactly what it says).

Does anyone know another way of making the TV Live Hub visible and able to access files?

Appreciate any help here!

Thanks

Steve

Hub supports network shares and media server, including iTunes server. Therfore you can access your files from iPad and iPhone in 3 different ways, but non of them include My Cloud app.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, could you provide an example of a way to view files that don’t include the My Cloud app?

Cheers

Remote Access on the Hub is limited to WD Photos.

1 Like

stevienet wrote:

Thanks for your reply, could you provide an example of a way to view files that don’t include the My Cloud app?

Cheers

Search the forum for the posts on this topic. Keywords Hub, iPad…