WD TV Live Hub Media Center With 1 TB Storage Speed and Netflix Quality?

Is there a way on getting better transfer speeds im getting 2.50 MB/sec While i get about 4.00 MB/sec  when im trasnferring to a flash drive, i recently found that i could connect the WD live hub to my computer ethernet port and i get 6.25 MB/sec but is there another way on getting faster speeds atleast 10 MB or better thanks. 

i also Notice that Netflix HD Quality its not HD Quality at all, i have my account set to best video quality so i could stream the best quality avalaible but you could see its not sharp at all even some of the colors look dull, 

for some people it looks good but not to me, i get true HD quality when i use Netflix on my Bluray that’s how i notice the difference but again it might just be something on the WD Live Hub that  i forgot to tweaked, any advice? 

Are you connecting with HDMI or composite/component?

NetflixHD is only available over HDMI… Netflix won’t licence WD for it to be sent over component.

Naturally, the quality is also based on your connection speed… regardless of any “quality” settings, if Netflix doesn’t think your connection will sustain their top bitrate, then they’ll degrade the signal.  If you’re having network issues with the Hub, it’s quite possible that the rate your BR player gets and the rate your Hub gets are different.

RoofingGuy wrote:

Are you connecting with HDMI or composite/component?

NetflixHD is only available over HDMI… Netflix won’t licence WD for it to be sent over component.

Naturally, the quality is also based on your connection speed… regardless of any “quality” settings, if Netflix doesn’t think your connection will sustain their top bitrate, then they’ll degrade the signal.  If you’re having network issues with the Hub, it’s quite possible that the rate your BR player gets and the rate your Hub gets are different.

I’m connected  with HDMI Since the picture quality really matters to me, My connection speed is 2.60 MB a sec or 20 Mbps.  

What d you mean by “network issues” ?

But what is your Internet connection speed (i.e. between yout WDTV, router and Internet)? Netflix will throttle (i.e. degrade quality) based upon that. 

Also does NetFlix allow streaming to multiple devices on the same account?

parnott100 wrote:

But what is your Internet connection speed (i.e. between yout WDTV, router and Internet)? Netflix will throttle (i.e. degrade quality) based upon that. 

Also does NetFlix allow streaming to multiple devices on the same account?

I dont know exactly on the WD live Hub but i know that on the Bluray is  2.40 MB a sec  so thats about 20 Mbps.

As to “does NetFlix allow streaming to multiple devices on the same account”, i just have my Bluray connected to it and my WD live Hub So i would say yeah! 

I think i need to look at this a little bit more,  

a personal question does you WD live hub streams netflix at HD quality and do you have another source to compare to eg… a Bluray?