WD TV Live Hub as a backup drive

I am mainly planning on using my TV Live Hub to store video and photo files but would also like to use the large storage space as a backup drive for documents and other files.  Is it possible to store files that aren’t “media” files on this product so that they can be accessed by my other networked computers?  ( I’m thinking files such as word, excel, some html, etc.) Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes, at the cost of performance, because the hub still has to examine every file you put on it to see if it is media or not…

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Yes, at the cost of performance, because the hub still has to examine every file you put on it to see if it is media or not…

I believe that the hub will ignore folders that have a period as the first letter in the name (example: .docs )

OFF TOPIC EDIT:

This is weird, I just noticed this topic is 3 weeks old, but it just emerged on top of the list as a new one on my screen, in fact the forum is not sorted at all anymore, it’s a complete mix between old and new, read and unread in no particular order!!

Yes you can, but since those files take up such little space you might come out better getting something like a small 250Gb or 350Gb drive for your backups.  If your backups are important files, like for work, school or alike, you really want to put them on something else.

Frillen:   Yes; the moderators have been moving files into the new forum sections.   I think it’s a LITHIUM bug, but even old threads will appear at the top of the forum, and all posts will be marked as NEW.