WD TV Live - How to search through my 800+ movies? - NFS Network shared files/folder

Hi All,

There seems to be a great deal of confusing (half) answers relating to the search function capabilities of the WD TV Live when it comes to searching your movies list from a networked folder. If someone could please assist me with some direction and definite answers that would be awesome.

I currently have my WD TV Live’s (The new WDBGXT0000NBK-AESN - the new models with the same UI as the WD Live Hub) connected to my Synology 1511+ NAS via NFS protocol via my wireless network.

Please advise if you require more info in order to give me further advice. There surely has to be a way of searching through the files rather than having to ‘next page’ through dozens of pages to get to the movie I want?!

Many thanks.

1 Like

You currently CANNOT search NAS folders on the Live SMP.   

When they fix the media library issue with Samba, then it will work.

I do not know if they plan to include media library support with NFS shares, though…

Does anyone know if this is possible now with the new 1.04.12 update?

I set manage media library on and pointed it to the ‘select here’ section on my NAS…  I don’t know where/if/how I can search my movies.

Any advice welcomed.

vidinoz wrote:

Does anyone know if this is possible now with the new 1.04.12 update?

I set manage media library on and pointed it to the ‘select here’ section on my NAS…  I don’t know where/if/how I can search my movies.

Any advice welcomed.

• *Press the search button on your remote.

Hi TonyPh12345,

It would be awesome if it was that easy. Does it work for SMB shared folders only though with the update? I’m running NFS.

When you are on the main UI, if you press down you now get the Dashboard and you can see ‘New Items’, ‘Recently Viewed’ etc etc (which was previously not available pre 1.04.12 update), but I cannot actually search through my folder for ‘All videos - find one specific file’ either from the Dashboard or within the folder containing the files themselves.

Ideally I’d like to be able to navigate into my DVD folder and search from there, but at no stage is the green button (filter) available within these folders and the actual search button is non responsive.

Please let the answer be as simple as the one you have suggested, but I’m either blind or stupid if it’s that simple and I can’t get it to work…  I’m happy to be both if someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong, or whether this function is active for NFS.

Many thx.

Vidinoz:  Sorry, I didn’t realize you were using NFS.  Even though you mentioned it a dozen times.  :smiley:

SEARCH requires the MEDIA LIBRARY.  And there is no MEDIA LIBRARY for NFS shares.  Only SMB shares.

Update 1.05.18 - I freeking love you.

It has solved just about every issue I had with the system. Media library now added for NFS file systems. Search function and filtering works like a charm. Nippy navigation. And a bloody great iPhone app (free) to boot.

One VERY happy camper.

vidinoz wrote:
Update 1.05.18 - I freeking love you.

It loves you, too!  :smileyvery-happy: