WD TV Live hangs in Menu

Hello

I am experiencing problems when I try to browse my videos map, shared on my WHS over network.

There are over 800 maps, with each a folder.jpg that needs to be loaded. When I try to browse quickly true all of them it hangs rapidly, and only unplugging the power chord helps. When I browse slowly and wait till every folder.jpg is loaded I can get a litte bit further but it still wil hang.

Is there a way to resolve this? I don’t think I am the only one with a litte bit more than 800 folders?

Or does it have another reason for doing that?

Thanks

When you say video “maps” are you talking about thumbnails?   And are you using net shares?

If so, this is a known issue with the Live and WD can reproduce it but it’s not a high priority with them.  About the only thing you can do is to sub divide your movies up into smaller sections.  I, for one, have an “Action” folder that contains all my action movies, so it’s got only a few hundred films rather than dumping all 1K movies into one big slug.

Even this approach can hang up if you end up browsing multiple sub folders, so you have to still be careful (or you can switch to the list view so the thumbs don’t show – bummer, I know).

I am and yes

bummer idd

thanks