WD TV Live Firmware Update - Version 1.02.21

The release notes says

“Resolved Cover-Art issue with folder.jpg & file.jpeg”

I am curious as to what that means?

If I change a folder.jpg - disconnect and reconnect the WDTV Live to a share - the Live does not show the new image, it still shows the previous one - you need to physically powerdown the device to get it to show the new image.

And if you have

FILE.AVI

FILE.JPG

It shows the image twice. So what was fixed? :slight_smile:

We fixed an issue in which if a folder on a network share did not have a folder.jpg in it, and was viewed, and then a folder.jpg was added, the folder did not display a thumbnail until the WD TV was rebooted.

The other issues you mentioned are bugs we’re aware of. Thanks for reporting them.

1 Like

@Bill_S - Updated via web from 1.01.24 to 1.02.21 w/o issue. 

Windows 7 ‘Play To’ WDTV Live issues seemed to be resolved and working great for me.  Thanks!

I was just prompted to run your update. Now I have NO cover art displayed on my folders, I am using network shares. How is this a fix for anything. I’m pretty disappointed with this thing but I’ve stuck it out cause it’s relatively new. If there isn’t going to be a fix soon it’s going back to the store with the rest of them I’ve seen on the return shelf!

Multi-language input support in search by file name is not working.

I have reported this problem with 1.2.19 build but the issue has not been fixed.

Guy  ALL my folder artwork is gone.

Any news on DVD menus and chapters? Can everyone but Wesern Digital read the ifo?

After updating to this new version I’m not able to access network shares on Win Vista 32-bit. 

After providing credentials I’m now getting message “This network share can not be accessed.”

Hmmmm - hate to say it, but after looking at the update and seeing nothing of interest to me (i.e. no fix for jpeg display on network share video :>) I decided to pass.  Looking like a good decision now.

I"m too old to be an early adopter anymore .

[text deleted - keep it courteous]  No wonder the WD employees don’t hang out here.

Yes I registered just to post this.

I now have the same problem. I was prompted for credentials and now receive the “This network share can not be accessed” error. Help!

I always welcome new firmware, however, the one and only big issue I have is that I only get 720x480p resolution output from the device.  This upgrade did not fix this issue.  I continuesly post comments regarding this BUG and it is a bug.  My blu-ray player, hd-dvd player and 1st gen wdtv do not have a problem with this hdmi handshake (hdmi->dvi).  Please fix this problem, there are many other users having this issue.   I’ve been complaining about this bug for months, at what point will this be fixed?  Will a donation to the programmer help?   He can send me a private email, I really need this problem solved!!!

1 Like

Roll back to version  1.01.24

Download here:

http://www.wdc.com/global/webtracking/index.asp?id=1105&url=http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlive_1_01_24.zip

How to Roll Back: 

Extract the three files (.BIN, .VER, and .FFF files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.

Open file wdtvlive.ver in Notepad and change version number to VERSION=‘1.02.212’ (otherwise it will not let you downgrade)

Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Media Player’s USB port.

Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.

Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.

You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.

Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.

After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live HD Media Player will restart again. Once the WD TV Live HD Media Player restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded and the WD TV Live HD Media Player is ready for use.

Ha just about to post the same thing! Good work!! I think allot of people are going to jump back

*One thing that ‘did’ work on the update for me was the fact that it didn’t take 15mins to reconnect to network shares after power-on, but I’m fine with leaving the thing on until a real fix is available

arish wrote:

Open file wdtvlive.ver in Notepad and change version number to VERSION=‘1.02.212’ (otherwise it will not let you downgrade)

Uh… how about using a number that won’t block future upgrades?  1.02.22 should suffice.  ;) 

The number doesn’t matter from what I can tell, once you roll back it shows 1.01.24  Changing the wdtvlive.ver file simply fools the system into accepting it as an upgrade

Like others have already posted,

After updating to this new version I’m not able to access network shares on my NAS server.

After providing credentials I’m now getting message “This network share can not be accessed.”

chronaden wrote:

Like others have already posted,

After updating to this new version I’m not able to access network shares on my NAS server.

I know it’s irritating and time-consuming but have you tried a factory reset?

Hi Just Updated via web yesterday:

- Updated via web

- Tested some video, audio , from Sgare folders

- some slowing downs while playing mkv

- Resetted the Live

- Tested some video, audio , from Sgare folders

- no problem this time playing mkv

PRO

- Seems much more stable on the network never lost connection or unable to read share folders

CON

- Only display folder icons of folders containing “folder.jpg”

( Before if no “folder.jpg” was found the first *.jpg was displayed )

OPINION

if I have to choose betwen “jpg displaying” bugs and “network connections bugs” I choose the jpgs.

Please keep focusing on big problems Like the network or TV connectivity and make the device MORE RELIABLE.

then we talk about inteface and jpg displaying

the major disappointmet and frustration come from THE WDTVLIVE that does not work well and not from

the WDTVLIVE that does not look good.

For people who are suddenly having share problems try turning off the save login  info for network share option then re-entered user/pass - that works (for some at least)

thought id ask before i updated… are there any differences betw this and the pre-release?