WD TV Live Firmware 1.0.1.24

Hi, 

after a bit of messing around :

BR Rip compressed using Handbrake into mkv plays as follows :

Network share   : Audio /Video synch still evident in WD stereo and digital setting

USB Memory St : Audio /Video synch evident in WD Digital setting

USB Memory St : Audio /Video synch OK in stereo setting.

The BR Rip has lots of close up face dialog and is evident that video and audio are just not in synch.

Note BR Rip plays OK on PC.

After the new firmware  1.0.1.24  update I notice you tube hd content streaming (picture quality) is horrible. I am thinking of going back to the old firmware 1.0.1.17  There was a setting option for hd as include HD or something like that and I don’t see it in this new update. Any one else noticed this issue pl. confirm. Otherwise it is great update.

Confirm. I too cannot play Youtube HD content. If this is not a firmware bug but a legal requirement, WD might as well remove the Youtube feature entirely. I did not buy a HD Monitor and a HD capable streaming device to watch low-quality content. And while they are at it, they can remove the Pandora feature as well (at least from the freature lists) because non-US based customers we are not allowd to use it anyway. Boy, am I frustrated right now.

Ok, seems to be the suspected bag of hurt.

Not only does the device only play low-res versions of HD trailers, but there is also a content protection “feature”. When I try to watch certain HD videos (e.g. ‘HD: Fox Snow Dive - Yellowstone - BBC Two’) I get the following message on the WDTV UI:  “This video is restricted by the video content owner and is not available on TV connected devices”.

See also this thread.

is it possible to delete the search history on the youtube application?

elbald90 wrote:

Have you tried re-cycling the power and see if it forgets the history.

The BR Rips I had problems with lip-sync issues are now fixed.

Seemed new updated stuffed up my ability to play subtitles.  Anyone else?

Can you expand the details of the how you were playing the rip, what type of file etc, it certainly will help me understand if I have the problem alone, or others are experiencing the same problem.

If you want netflix (and hulu for that matter), download PlayOn and install on your media server.  WD TV Live works fantastic with PlayOn.  After day trial it will cost you $40 but it is worth every penny.

D

Two problems with Playon.

Doesn’t work in UK as most services are USA only.

Seocndly has toi be installed on PC rather than directly on a NAS. Why anyone streams media from a PC rather than a NAS I do not know. PC=400W, NAS=20W

1 Like

richUK wrote:

elbald90 wrote:

Have you tried re-cycling the power and see if it forgets the history.

It doesn’t.

Still keeps Mp4/Mkv  AAC issue (audio sync out )…

Need to improve pause/start function…No need status bar every press pause or play?

Maybe status bar might be located top of screen

@ kosh2   “Why anyone streams media from a PC rather than a NAS I do not know. PC=400W, NAS=20W”

Very simple, why would I want to purchase and use a very expensive NAS when I already have a PC running that has 6 TB of  HDD space and very easily upgraded to more.  

To each their own dude.

Not only that, but many of us have PCs that are already running all day.  In my own network there’s seldom a time that I don’t have at least two PCs on for various reasons – just makes sense to use them as servers for the Live when they are already working doing other things (hey, that’s what computers do best, multitask).

Because not all of us have the spare change to get a NAS, whereas everyone defintely has a PC. The power consuption savings will still add up to nowhere near the cost of a new NAS.

Each to their own but I still stand with what I said originally.

Until I purchased a NAS (not that expensive) I would probably have agreed but having now got a NAS I can see its huge advantages plus they can act as web server, email servers, bittorrent, nbzs etc. My PC is 800W so there is a saving there plus whatever wattage the VDU takes as well.

Oh well each to their own dudes as someone said.

:cry:

1.02.21 is my FW version. I heard there is a new .24 ver available from these forums. Please can someone point me to where i can get it? thanks

Dr_LAL wrote:

:cry:

1.02.21 is my FW version. I heard there is a new .24 ver available from these forums. Please can someone point me to where i can get it? thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.  :slight_smile:

1.0 2.21 is the latest official firmware.  This thread is for the older 1.0 1.24 firmware.

WD recently released a limited time beta firmware (1.0 3.22) but it is no longer available. 

However, a new official release should be made available in the next few weeks based off that beta firmware (includes DVD menu support).

Hope that helps.

ok…