WD TV Live cant access WHS fileserver after router upgrade

I’ve had my WD TV Live for a couple of years, and after a bit of initial configuring things have worked good with it.

But, I recently upgraded my router to a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 and now I cant access the media on my WHS server. I have the WD TV connected with a network cable from the router. I verified that the WD TV box has an IP address (ran thru its network test, verified it has an IP address and that the NIC is flashing). But when I try to set the content source as my WHS server, the server doesnt show up. My desktop PC shows up in the box, but not the fileserver. I can get to my server from my desktop PC, so I know that the server is online, etc. I read another post on this forum asking if the WD TV was set for a static IP address. That makes sense, if it was set like that it’d be looking at a different IP address than the new router currently has. But I’m not even sure how to check to see if it’s set as a static IP??

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions.

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

You should be able to see the network settings once you go on the settings for the media player, there you can set a static IP for the device.

Ok, I looked again and did find the newtork options / info.  The WD TV Live IP address is set to automatic.  And after compairing the TP-Link router page and the WD TV Live network settings page I think it’s getting a good address.

Router info

IP Address:
Subnet Mask:

WD TV info

IP Address:

Subnet Mask:

DNS

Does that look right??  My desktop PC is showing the below info for it’s connection info.  It’s just a bit confusing, it’s wired, but wired thru my router.  Ahhh, I’m sure it’s something fairly simple that I’m missing!!!

Desktop PC info

IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.100
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv4 Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
IPv4 DHCP Server: 192.168.0.1
IPv4 DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

Now when I’m searching for the content source: Network Share, Windows Share, the WD TV Live wheel spins for a while and then it only finds my desktop PC.  Maybe I’ll try rebooting my WHS 2011 server.  Any other ideas??

So I figured it out.  My router was previously set with the IP address as 192.168.1.1 and the new one defaulted to 192.168.0.1.  I changed the IP on my router to 192.168.1.1 and after a couple reboots all seems to be well.

Thanks for the response to get me started ArMak!!!

Your DNS server mentioned above is invalid. That’s a netmask shown there… Not a DNS…