Wd tv live breaks playing mkv's if they are played form a upnp server

it simply stops playing and returns to the titles section as if I would press prev or stop button. It happens several times during the movie exactly at the same places which make me think that it has something to do with the chapters handling. After the movie stops playing I can resume playing and quickly press fast forward then it ff to the break point where the picture freezes but movie still stays in ff mode so I press play and the movie goes on further i’ve got 1.4.17

yeah, i wanted to know if this is a known problem

I’d let you know if it happens for me… if I could… but WMP is not behaving for me at the minute… I can’t get it to send the list of Library folders to the WDTV… again.:cry:

I’ll try PlayTo from WMP.

EDIT:

Yep… PlayTo will play past the chapter points… can’t get the Media Server list of library files, though, in order to test directly.

Not that this helps you much, but I wanted to try and confirm that it’s WMP that is broken for me, and not the WDTV Live, so I did some rollbacks…

1.05.04 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.04.31 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.04.22 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.04.17 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.04.10 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.03.49 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.03.43 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.03.42 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.02.21 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

1.01.24 – Media Server won’t connect anymore

I’m guessing my problem lies elsewhere (like with Microsoft). :wink:

well I watched some mkv’s using another software and it also stops at some position in the **bleep**

I ment - it also stops at the same point. So this is not a wd problem. Don’t know why this text was bleeped. This is already a wd problem