WD TV Live big problem!

I have two identical devices, firmware (02.02.32). I have a problem Low memory errors, freezing in the middle of view, not reacting to the remote control, etc. I did roll back the firmware to version 2.1.86.
One works great and the other we blocked, Made factory reset.Nothing helps !?

Try updating the firmware to the latest release once again using a different thumb/flash drive formatted as FAT32. You should be able to revive the unit.

If it does not work then it would best to replace the unit under warranty.

How to get an RMA, (Return Merchandise Authorization) or replace a defective product under warranty

The device has a 3 yr. and not in the warranty!
I need some better advice, what can I do?

Hi Zeljko_Franic1,

i have the same problem. The rollback on one of my WD TV Live runs fine and on my other WD TV Life has the same problem you are discribing above.

I hope of a solution too.
Greetings
Thomas

Thomas what to do?

Hi Zeljko,
I don’t have a Solution right Now. I’m waiting for it like you do.

If i don’t get a Solution within 2 weeks, i will chance to Raspberry Pi with Kodi.

My RPI wotks absolutely fine.

Nur i Hofe for a Solution

Greetings
Thomas

H Zeljko,

now i have an solution for our Problem:

First: i restored the actual firmware 2.02.32 on my WDTV
Second: i made a downgrade to firmware 2.01.86

I made following steps:

• getting actual firmware 2.02.32 from http://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=1011&lang=de
    • the ‘de’ at the end is for german language
  • i saved the 4 files on my usb-stick
  • i start my WDTV
  • when the screen with the message comes up, that i schould reinstall the firmware with a usb-stick, i plugged the usb-stick in the FRONT-usb-slot
  • then you have to wait a little bit (i lay down to take a shot sleep and when i woke up, the original WDTV-Screen appears on the screen.
  • I restarted the WDTV without the usb-stick to approve, if the WDTV works normaly. And he did it .
    Then in Step 2:
  • i extruct all files from rollback-firmware 2.01.86 on the usb-stick.
  • i UNPLUGGED the ac-cabel for a while from the WDTV
  • i plugged the usb-stick with die rollback-firmware in the slot on the BACKSIDE of the WDTV
  • i plugged the ac-cabel into the WDTV and started the device
  • then i installed the rollback-firmware on the WDTV
  • After a restart, the WDTV works with the firmware 2.01.86.

i hope that this firmware will solve our problem

greetings
Thomas

Thomas thanks I’ll try,
Thomas, do you think this?

Problem solved…

Under NO Circumstances Install GPL FIRMWARE !!

it permanently deletes your DRM key so that you can never use Netflix again

from the readme_launcher file:

/ *************************************************************************************************************************

• LEGAL DISCLAIMER
  • (WDTV LAUNCHER FIRMWARE)
  • THIS LAUNCHER FIRMWARE IS USED TO UPGRADE UNOFFICIAL FIRMWARE
  • WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU THAT ONLY USE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE PROVIDE BY WESTERN DIGITAL (WD)
  • IF YOU ANYWAY WANT TO UPGRADE UNOFFICIAL FIRMWARE, IT MAY CAUSE MALFUNCTION
  • AND WILL VOID YOUR PRODUCT WARRANTY. ONCE YOU INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE (THIRD PARTY / USER MODIFIED FIRMWARE),
  • EVEN IF THE PRODUCT IS ROLLED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FIRMWARE FROM WD, ACCESS TO CERTAIN FEATURES WILL BE DISABLED

Yes, I understand. I have solved the problem, it’s all good. When will be the new firmware?

how would i know ? i don’t work for WD