WD TV HD: how to play .NRG and .APE files?

Guys, how to play “.NRG” and “.APE” format (music) on WD TV Media player ? Right now the player simply doesn’t see these files, like they are not there.

(Got the latest firmware.)

I dont think they are supported.

APE files are listed in every piece of literature printed on the WD TV Mini Media Player and well documented in several reviews regarding APE and RM (RealPlayer) capability, though nowhere have I seen an in depth exploration of claimed audio playback features of these units.  Please don’t say that’s a misprint (see below) because that’s a conveniently misleading oversight, or less gently put, a total misrepresentation.  Besides, being a free format, there’s no reason not to support APE or any other free codec since it’s simply a filter. APE is mandatory for me and I came to this forum to find out how others are getting along with it before I buy, so here are two very easy to answer questions:

1. Why is the WD TV Mini Media Player the only one of the three to show APE capability?

2. Is it indeed included on the Mini as advertised or are all current promotional documents in need of immediate overhaul (or better, simply add the codec to firmware)?

File Formats Supported
Video - -AVI (Xvid, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MP4/MOV (MPEG4), RM or RMVB 8/9/10
Photo - JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG
Audio - MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, OGG, APE
Subtitle - SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI