Wd tv and nas network share!

Hello,

I searched a lot over internet nad over thiw forum for an answer in my problem. I recently purchased 2 Wd TV and a dlink DS 345l nas. The idea was to store in my nas all my movies, series, etc and stream them from all my tv’s.  So after some hours of setting up the hole thing, the problem is that, i can see in Wd TV network share my nas, i log into it, but i get a message that nas is powered off or there are no shared folders. I have shared folders in my nas and i can see them through my pc. Everything is connected with ethernet cables. Any solution in that?

Does the account you’re loging into via the WD have access to the shared folders in the NAS’s permissions?

I gave permisions to all users and still the i can’t see the share folders.

Drakos wrote:

I gave permisions to all users and still the i can’t see the share folders.

… and on the WDTV, you’re logging in as one of those users?

Yeap. There is no log in screen in WD TV. You just connect.

Drakos wrote:

Yeap. There is no log in screen in WD TV. You just connect.

Sure there is.  There was a log in screen the first time you tried connecting.  If there weren’t any login screen, then you would not have been able to say that you “…gave permisions to all users and still the i can’t see the share folders.” since you think you weren’t even providing a User for the WD TV to use.  ;)

If you didn’t put in any information and just selected “OK” with the “Remember Me” box checked (or whatever it’s called), then it won’t ask again, and it logged in as “Anonymous,” or “guest.”

You can go to Settings / Network / Clear Login Info for Network Share to erase the stored credentials and try again.

Now i understand what u mean. Sure i log in with the username and the pass of the Nas. From Nas’s settings i didn’t create any accounts. I just gave permisions toy All Accounts.

Last night i found the solution in my problem. I had to create an account in my nas nad then log in from WD TV with this account and not as admin. I was logging as admin before. I do not understand why this way it works but it really works. So problem solved.