WD Sync Won't "Select Your MyCloud Storage Device" on PC (Windows 10)

At this stage of the setup, the software just can’t “configure” the device. Then an error message appears…

“The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.”

I’ve seen this same issue posted in these forums before and no one seemed to get an answer in those threads so I created another one to bring the topic back up.

Apparently WD doesn’t offer phone support, so my best option is to email them. I’ve done that just before coming here to post this. Hopefully someone within the community can help out or WD will get back to me to solve this.

The software works fine on my MacBook Pro. Just seems to be a PC issue at this point. I’m running Windows 10 and have never experienced this problem on any other software before.

As per one of the other threads I read, I attempted to turn off cloud service in the admin portal in settings, restart the device and my PC, open the portal and turn on cloud service, and then try to configure the device. Obviously, that did not work out for me or I wouldn’t be here now.

Any help or attempts to help are greatly appreciated. I’m testing this device and software at home to see if I should get a MyCloud for the charity I work for. If I can’t get it to work, I’ll likely move on to another product from another company and return this unit. If it worked, this would be the perfect solution for my home and the charity I work for. I hope WD doesn’t let me down on this. I felt their brand had a strong standard of quality prior to this experience. It appears that with no phone support and some significant software issues (from what I’ve read in other people’s threads), they could be struggling in this area of their business.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hello,

Did you get a response from WD support?

They emailed me and asked me to reply with my phone number and a time they can call. I gave them my mobile number and said they can call any time and I have not received any call.

The unfortunate part is that the email I received said that if they don’t get a response in 48 hours the case will be closed. I’m going to respond a second time to see if I can get some help. If not, back to Amazon this thing goes.

I just got Office 365 for my computers at home and turns out I get 1TB of storage thrown in with it. So I’m happy enough to use that if WD can’t come through with some decent customer service here. 1TB is enough for me, but I’d love to keep this item and use the 4TB it comes with. If they can’t resolve this issue or even call me, then I’m gonna have to give up on this product. The clock is ticking too because I have to return it within a brief window to Amazon in order to get a refund.

I have used Kernel Office 365 Backups & Restore software to backup Office 365 data and import them in PST formats. One can also try it.

There is one more such tool to take Office 365 backup on the local machine. Once the backup is done user can export data in PST file format.