WD Sync UI

I’ve done a silly thing. I recently had to reformat my PC HDD and when I reconnected I got loads of errors about syncing to My Cloud. In my frustration I deleted the notifications. So I have 2 questions.

1. Is there anywhere that I can find what those deleted notifications were? A log file perhaps?
  2. I guess I have to re-set the sync folders again, but the only way I know how to do it is via the WD Sync settings browser window, but it is so painfully slow. You can select the local file quickly but selecting the “target” folder takes a couple of minutes or more before you can actually select it.
    Can anybody help please?

Hello,

Regarding the notifications, there is no way to get those back with the logs, and regarding setting up the software again you can only do this on the settings.

Check the log files located at /var/log. The errors should also be logged.

Thankyou both for taking the time to respond. rac8006, could you please expand that location for the log files? That sounds exactly what I’m looking for but I couldn’t find any log files anywhare on the various pages (Wd Sync, dashboard etc)
Thanks again in advance

You need to SSH into the My Cloud. Then type “cd /var/log” without the quotes. Now you have
access to the logs. Type “ls” to get a list of log files.