WD Sync stops working as content database requires rebuild

When i notice wd sync has stopped i have to go into ‘settings’ ‘general’ 'cloud access’and configure, then rebuid the database but this is happening regularly now.
any ideas

David

Hello

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.

wow, this community works wonders doesnt it, pointless having a community that just says call tech support, might just aswell done that in the first place.

Okay, here’s an alternative response.

Stop using WD Sync; it’s rubbish. Search the forums, and you’ll find no end of problems with it.

Look for a third party app to do sync.

Think yourself honoured that you got a response from WD Staff…

DEAR CPT_PARANOIA

YOU KNOW THERE IS ALWAYS ONE THAT THINKS HE IS HIGHER THAN MIGHTY THAN THE REST. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE YOUR RESPONSE ADDED ANYTHING. GET A LIFE!..

This “community” is mostly a user to user community. Unfortunately the response you got from “WD Staff” if fairly typical when they don’t have anything constructive to add that would fix a user’s issue.

What OS (Mac or Windows) are you using? Are you syncing to a local network My Cloud or to a remote (off site location) My Cloud when WD Sync stops working?

As cpt_paranoia points out, if one uses the forum search feature (magnifying glass icon upper right) they’ll quickly discover that WD Sync has numerous complaints and issues. Some of those issues have no fix.

More than a few users here have stopped using WD Sync for local network syncing to the My Cloud and instead use third party sync software. Free File Sync (https://www.freefilesync.org/) is one such popular free program (just make sure to avoid installing the adware during program installation). The downside to third party programs is the inability to easily remote sync to a My Cloud using methods other than the insecure FTP option.