WD Sync no internet connection detected

Hi There, I have recently (6 months ago) upgraded to the NBN and changed router and now WD Sync is coming up with “No Internet Connected Detected”

Refer attached Command Prompt Results

I have no idea what is going on as when I login to the MyCloud UI and examine Cloud Access under settings it tells me that Cloud Access is connected (I have remote Access turned on)

Connection Status Connected
Port forwarding connection established.

When I check the list of connected devices to my modem, my MyCloud comes up as it’s connected so I am really stumped on this - could it be anti virus software doing this? I have Norton 360 installed on my machine,

Or, do I need to create a static IP to solve this problem?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated as this has been bugging me for months now…

@kitisn01 I take it you mean National Broadband Network in Australia?

@cat0w that’s correct, it’s not that fast unfortunately…!

If you haven’t done so already, one troubleshooting step is to try accessing the My Cloud using the MyCloud.com web portal.

Depending on one’s firewall settings on their computer one may have to configure the firewall software/app to allow WD Sync access to the internet.

Hi @Bennor, I can access my MyCloud via the web portal no problems it’s just the connection between my laptop and the WD Sync software i.e. I can’t sync any files between my laptop and my MyCloud. I can copy and paste files in there as my MyCloud comes up as being connected to my home network.

Does anyone know where the installation files are for the WD Sync and WD Access software? Maybe that will solve things ?

The downloads for the My Cloud models can be found on the WD Support site.

It should be noted however that apparently WD Sync is in end of support mode, has been superseded by GoodSync. And WD Access is likewise end of support.