Wd sync "no internet connection detected" not syncing

BACKGROUND
I am able to connect to my Mycloudmirror (v2) model WDBWVZ0060JWT through my browser at: http://wdmycloudmirror/ Firmware 2.10.310
My computer is Windows 7 with current updates.
When I start WDSync, the status (in sys tray) will go like this: 1) MyCloud Mirror; 2) Signing into mycloudmirror; 3) No internet connection detected
When I log into it via the browser is doesn’t appear that syncing is working.
I am able to create synced folders and see them from my phone.

QUESTION:
Why am I getting the “No internet connection detected” when I clearly have internet connectivity (I am on here and I can connect to the device)?

Any direction is warmly received.

Check the logs located in this location

C:\ProgramData\Western Digital\Logs\WD Sync\[userName]

Look for the [Name]-[SerialNumber].log file as that may give you some insight.

I’ve noticed when I have problems syncing between my desktop and laptop. Rebooting the MCM resolves the sync errors.

Thank you for your reply. For an unknown reason, it started to work on Jan 11th. I made no changes to either my laptop nor the MCM. As part of my research, I turned on debugging to the log and so you referenced, so they (new ones have been created). I now need to figure out how to turn that off. thanks again for your reply. If I find out anything that appears to explain what’s changed, I will post it here. There were certainly many invalid log on issues.

i have the same error message
since i have installed WD Sync the connection never actually started
i have been checking the log file and i see some maybe useful thing but i an unable to interpret them

from the file WDMyCloud-WCC4E1806107:

29-Feb-16 2:47:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message= - Location=HandleException
29-Feb-16 2:47:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message= - Location=BeginSyncAsync
29-Feb-16 2:47:12 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=Sync thread terminated: WDMyCloud, WCC4E1806107 Location=CleanUpSync
29-Feb-16 2:48:01 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=Sync version: 1.2.5793.19891
29-Feb-16 2:48:01 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=OnIsPending
29-Feb-16 2:48:07 PM Severity=ERROR Message=DeviceLogin WebException - Unable to connect to the remote server -
29-Feb-16 2:48:07 PM Severity=ERROR Message=DeviceLogin Exception - Unable to connect to the remote server -
29-Feb-16 2:48:07 PM Severity=ERROR Message=DeviceLogin WebException - Unable to connect to the remote server -
29-Feb-16 2:48:07 PM Severity=ERROR Message=DeviceLogin Exception - Unable to connect to the remote server -
29-Feb-16 2:48:12 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=OnOffline
29-Feb-16 2:48:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message= - Location=HandleException
29-Feb-16 2:48:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message= - Location=HandleException
29-Feb-16 2:48:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message= - Location=BeginSyncAsync
29-Feb-16 2:48:12 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=Sync thread terminated: WDMyCloud, WCC4E1806107 Location=CleanUpSync

from the file WD Sync :

29-Feb-16 2:48:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message=Analytics.AddMetricsEvent - Bad param (Login Error,Local Sync,Exception
29-Feb-16 2:49:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message=Analytics.AddMetricsEvent - Bad param (Login Error,Local Sync,Exception
29-Feb-16 2:50:12 PM Severity=ERROR Message=Analytics.AddMetricsEvent - Bad param (Login Error,Local Sync,Exception

from the file WD Sync Notifications:

Target site
System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()

Stack trace
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at WDUpdateUI.UpdateAPI.CheckForUpdates(String updateType)
at WDAppManager.UpdateFacade.IsUpdateAvailable(String swid, String version, String& availableVersion)
at WDNotifyLiveFile.SoftwareUpdate.OnCheckForUpdate()

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3213

from the file Orion.log:

29-Feb-16 2:16:38 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=Unauthorized - The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
29-Feb-16 2:25:27 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=Unauthorized - The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

from the file Configuration.log :

29-Feb-16 2:25:46 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=WDMyCloud is already configured
29-Feb-16 2:25:47 PM Severity=INFORMATION Message=Already syncing to WDMyCloud.

Make sure Cloud Access is enabled and the connection is port forwarding. You can also try over wifi via the mobile app or mycloud.com website.

i am afraid is a connection issue …
maybe VPN creates some conflicts …
anyone knows where to look to see if it is the VPN fault?