WD Sync folder just installed, not responding

Just installed My Cloud (version 04.04.01-112) on my Windows 7 computer, and WD Sync. Where is the WD Sync folder that the manual says I should see (p. 21)? I can’t get my screen to look like the image shown there. I do see the MySyncUpFiles folder, but that’s Microsoft, I think (I never use it). I see the blue WD Sync icon in the desktop system tray at the bottom of my desktop screen, but nothing happens when I click on it. It sounds as though WD Sync should work like DropBox, which automatically creates a folder on the computer where you put stuff to be in that cloud.

Even when I go to All Programs and find WD Sync and click on it, nothing happens. Looked all over for it, I guess. (I do see WD Smartware and WD Quick View, which were installed about a year ago when I bought a WD portable hard drive. Could those be interfering with My Cloud’s attempts to install?) I even uninstalled WD Sync and reinstalled, but same result. The settings in My Cloud seem to be correct, based on other topics I’ve read here. Suggestions?

What happens when you RIGHT click on the WD Sync icon in the taskbar?

If you open up Windows File Explorer does it list a MyCloud folder (under Libraries if I remember right)? If so that is typically the default “sync” folder where anything put in there will be synced over to the My Cloud. One (if they right click on the WD Sync icon and launch the program) can add additional folders for the program to monitor and sync.

You can always uninstall then reinstall the WD Sync software, some have indicated that has fixed various issues they have had with the WD Sync software.

Right-clicking did the trick! Didn’t think to do that, which I normally do; I’d only left-clicked. I went into Settings and saw the image in the manual. Now when I left-click, I see a list. The manual doesn’t seem to mention everything else except right-clicking.

Before, I only saw My Cloud under Network. Now I see it under Libraries as a subfolder under my name, plus there’s a shortcut on the desktop.

Thanks!