WD SSD Dashboard need OpenGL 2.0 or higher

WD SSD Dashboard require OpenGL 2.0 or higher, so its dont work with older graphics adapter

The message is:

Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0) .
This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed.

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher, or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll) are available in the application executable’s directory or in a location listed in PATH.

Sorry for bumping. I am trying to install WD SSD Dashboard on an old netbook with Intel 945 chipset mobile express chipset and run into the same error. I am on Windows 10 Pro 20h2 x86.

I studied the error message and noticed that I have libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll in the installation folder of WD SSD Dashboard. The d3dcompliler_*.dll files were not there and I copied them from the System32 folder to the WD SSD Dashboard installation folder where they now sit side by side with the Angle Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries. Unfortunately that didn’t make a difference.

The only clue left to pursue is to make sure the above files are present in the directory or location listed in PATH. Does anybody know what PATH is or where I can find it? It sounds like it could be config file that I tried looking for in vain.

Does anybody know how to go from here?

no way, you need the old version of this shitware WD SSD Dashboard

seek an old version without OpenGL

Thank you for the tip. I hunted down older versions from different websites and one old version, v 1,x, looked like it would work only to find out it does not support the 1024x600 resolution of my old netbook.

I hope someone may shine a light on the PATH parameter as it is the last thing I am willing to try. I installed SSD support software from various manufacturers and they had no problem scaling to the 1024x600 resolution.

I think I will return this SSD and purchase one from another manufacturer.

1 Like

I first made sure I had the required dll files of both Open GL Angle libraries in the folders indicated by Path. Path is an environment parameter of Windows and can be found in Control Panel → System → Advanced System Settings → Environment Variables → System Variables. That did not work.

I then tried the downscaling trick for smaller screens but that doesn’t work because the older WD Dashboard only allows resolutions starting from 1370xbla which the downscaling trick cannot deliver.

I assume the later versions using the QT framework may also use this requirement unless somebody using a different video chip which natively support Open GL states otherwise.

I searched further and found a couple of possible solutions that unfortunately did not work but I post them for reference for those who find this topic looking for a solution with this or other program giving this error message

Blockquote

For those scratching their heads trying to resolve this OpenGL issue running the latest version of Dropbox + AlwaysUp I have successfully resolved this issue by following these steps (after all the guidance in this forum failed to fix my issue):

1. In the Windows start menu enter the search term “environment variables” and select “Edit the system environment variables”

2. In the dialog that comes up click “Environment Variables” then click “New” in the system variables section.

3. In the dialog that comes up enter variable name = ‘QT_OPENGL’ (without the quotes) and variable value = ‘software’ (without the quotes)

Source

Blockquote
Had the OpenGL problem already in MuseScore 2 (Windows 10, 32bit). It was not the Start Center crashing but Plugins. There I found the solution to put the mesa opengl32.dll in the Musescore 2\bin folder.
After this did not help out under MuseScore 3. I was searching, reading, testing
 and

tataa

I took the mesa file from

extracted the file to some folder, renamed it from opengl32.dll to opengl32sw.dll and then copied to the musescore 3\bin folder.
I did not do much testing but the start center did no more crash and the panel demo plugin ran also.
Hope this can help some other users with old Intel integrated graphics.

As far as I understood the Qt angle Implementation excludes some Intel graphics whereas e.g. candy crush obviously uses also angle and that is running on my Intel GMA 3150. I anyhow do not understand why one needs special rendering here and then
 why mesa works with intel and angle would not even if it is part of many software under Windows 10. Seems rather a problem of Qt then of angle.

The opengl32sw.dll is IMHO just a fall back only used if hardware support is missing and angle fails.
So it could be an idea to add this dll in the Win32 distribution of Musescore 3?

Source

I assume that the support for the video chip in the Intel 945 Mobile chipset ,which does not natively support Open GL, seems to be the problem and possibly the resolution of 1024*600.

Please notice the WD SSD Dashboard software works without a glitch on my desktop computer on a bigger screen and old AMD on board video chip which driver supports Open GL natively.