WD Software

Hi, For weeks I have been trying to reinstall WD Drive Utilities, WD Security, and WD Smaert ware without any succes, as my software just vanished from my computer, and even the links I got from WD didn’t work. But today I finally found the right downloads for my “My Book” (I still don’t know how I did it) which I have had for years, except the WD “Smartware”, but I still got the "utilities, and Security to work and I was able to run the three diagnostic test, which passed. Being a complete novice, I’m definately NOT techno savvy, can anyone tell me where to get the WD Smartware, as I can’t see it on the WD website. Being a novice I bought a WD Elements recently thinking I would never get the “My Book” to work again, even though it’s not working properly, it would be nice to get it to work and I could use it for a spare. So, after spouting out all my worries to you people out there, I would be really grateful for any help. I’ll shut up now. :slight_smile:

@vindiboy62

Unless you saved a copy of SmartWare that you can use to reinstall it, it is no longer available. I still have it but don’t use it. It’s EOL (End of Life).

I use Windows File History to backup to my 2nd generation My Cloud and Nero BackItUp to backup to my 1st generation My Cloud. See example images below.

Hi cat0w, Thank you for the information. Being a complete novice, I have NO idea what I did to mess up my WD My Book, I have been using it for years without any problems. I have now bought a new WD Elements, and a new Lenovo AIO 3 to replace my other Lenovo which has started going very slow. Thank you for your help, and about telling me I should save a copy of Smartware for my WD Elements. I though all we needed to do was go into WD and reinstall it anything we lost. I will now try and dispose of My Book, luckily, I got a chance to delete everything on in before it went funny, except for one folder that has NO files in it. I even download a free programme called " Long Path Eraser" which helped me remove a couple of so-called undeletable folders and files. Once again cat0w, thank you for your help, at 75 years of age, I think I started late learning about computers.