WD SmartWare v. 2.2.0 does not backup new Folders/files unless you rename it

I am having SOME WHAT the same problem.  I posted recently that MOST my files were disappearing. http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Software/WD-Smartware-2-2-0-looses-countless-files-after-update-And/td-p/626545

Now my new add files & folders are NOT showing up.

I called WD about my orginal problem, they were very nice & reponceive.  They asked me to remove WD Smartware and reinstall, I did, and that did not fix problem.

So I uninstalled again, this time I went into Windows hidden folder appdata and found any folder that remained after uninstall that was a WDsmartware  and I NOTICED several old folders of older versions still on my system, so I removed those also.  Then I retarted computer and reinstalled from their web site, WD Smartware program.  After a few hours POSSIBLY all my files were there. 

Then I created a couple of test folders and after leaving system on all night STILL NO NEW folder.

I have 2 different WIN 7 computers, 1 32-bit, the other 64 bit, both now have this problem.  The 32bit I have done nothing except update WD programs when offered updates.

A WD tech called me Friday night to follow up.  At that time I was still updating my second install, he said he would call me back Monday morning, I hope he has a fixable solution.

1 Like