WD SmartWare upgrader yields pop-up error - complaining about .NET FrameWork

Current WD SmartWare is version 1.4.3.4 .
I am attempting to uptate to version 1.4.5.2B .
I get error pop-up stating “cannot be installed on systems with .NET FrameWork smaller than 3.0” (see attachment for details).
Installed on this computer :
Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Client Profile
Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Extended

Please advise.

Thank you.

Craig, AMTELCO

Here are a couple of steps You will need.

• Verify that OS is updated to the latest service pack. - It has the latest version of Java. www.java.com

If you have multiple updates for Java, you may need to uninstall each Java update and then install the single current update. For example, if you look in control panel>add/remove programs> you may see Java 6 update 2, Java 6 update 12 and Java 6 update 18. If this is the case, uninstall these items highest to lowest. Once removed go to Java.com and download the current version. You will now have a single current version.

• it has the latest version of Flash Player. www.adobe.com

• It has Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 SP 1 (XP and Vista)

Lawrence suggested:

Here are a couple of steps You will need.

- Verify that OS is updated to the latest service pack. - It has the latest version of Java. www.java.com

If you have multiple updates for Java, you may need to uninstall each Java update and then install the single

current update. For example, if you look in control panel>add/remove programs> you may see Java 6 update 2,

Java 6 update 12 and Java 6 update 18. If this is the case, uninstall these items highest to lowest. Once

removed ** go to Java.com and download the current version. You will now have a single current version.**

- it has the latest version of Flash Player. www.adobe.com

- It has Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 SP 1 (XP and Vista)

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I should have mentioned the OS. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with Service Pack 1 installed.

Win 7 comes with .NET 3.5 and I have also installed the latest .NET 4.0 fwiw.

As for the Java side of things, I’m not going to open that can of worms just yet.

I have been corresponding with WD support directly and will exhaust their resources for now.

Regards,

Craig