WD Smartware Pro license transfer

I am decommissioning a desktop in my office and need to transfer the WD Smartware Pro license from the old computer to the new desktop. The software will be removed from the old computer. How is this done?

@David_Bennett
If you already have SmartWare Pro then when you reinstall on a new computer just use the Activation Code that you should have.

Have you downloaded the latest version?

https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904&lang=en#WD_downloads

I was still running WD SmartWare v2.4.16, I’ve downloaded the latest.
What if I no longer have the e-mail when I registered and neglected to print and save it?
Is there any way to retrieve it from the computer registry? It doesn’t appear to be available in the software. Most software has the registration number embedded.

You should still be able to use SmartWare as far as I know, however you probable will not have pro. My suggestion, install it and see what shows under the Help tab for the version.

See Release Notes dated (June 19, 2017).

I have several computers running the SmartwarePro. Both the EX2Ultras I bought came with 10 licenses each but I don’t want to burn them up every time I replace machines. In the help section of the software it says under:
Restoring the WD SmartWare software and disk image

If you ever need to remove and reinstall the WD SmartWare software on your computer, or move the drive to another computer and install the software there, you will need to restore the WD SmartWare software and disk image on your supported WD drive. To do this, after you have erased or reformatted the drive, see Knowledge Base answer ID 7 at http://support.wd.com.

All that comes up after inputting ID 7 is the software downloads, not instructions on how to restore the Pro version of the software. I would think there is a way to retrieve the registration key. Every other piece of software I use on these computers including MS Office and Quickbooks does.

@David_Bennett I am a user just like you so all I can tell you is the same as what is found under Help in SmartWare, use the activation code. See image below.