WD SmartWare Pro "Disable/Enable" button stops the software from working

I just bought a WD My Passport Ultra Metal 3 Gigabyte a few days ago. During the back up when I press the “Disable” button it stops the WD SmartWare Pro software from working. So when I press the “Enable” button afterward it does not restart the back up. Is the Disable/Enable button the same as pause button? I have 500 Gigabyte of data to back up, which will take several days or weeks. So I have to stop the back up in the middle multiple times.

My software has become unusable after I pressed the “Disable” button.

Hello,

When you create the first backup and you hit disable and then enable, the unit software should keep doing the backup on the background when the PC goes to stand by.

Hi ERmorel,

Once I press the Disable button only once, the Enable button does not start the Back up. Pressing the Disable/Enable buttons several times also did not help. If the back up starts, I would know it because the files are being added one by one like a counter.

|
| | ERmorel
September 22 |

|
| Hello,When you create the first backup and you hit disable and then enable, the unit software should keep doing the backup on the background when the PC goes to stand by. |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.
Once I press the Disable button only once, the Enable button does not start the Back up. Pressing the Disable/Enable buttons several times also did not help. If the back up starts, I would know it because the files are being added one by one like a counter.

Hi ERmorel,

Sorry for the late reply.

While WD SmartWare Pro is preparing the C: drive on Windows 10, the Enable/Disable button does work, but during the backup while sending the data to the external drive the Enable/Disable button is not working. However, when I backup with Windows 10 built-in back up software for several hours, then I noticed that the Enable button of WD SmartWare is running.