WD Smartware or go back to Memeo?

Hi

I have just replaced my old WD My Book with a new portable Elements 2TB drive… 

The old drive came with Memeo backup, which, although it seemed to slow down boot up of my notebook always worked well, never failing to back up, and helped me restore a computer a couple of times with ease… 

The new drive came with WD Smartware, which I liked the look of so I purchased… 

I now feel this may have been a bad move… It did the initial backup no problem, and seemed much quicker than Memeo… Since this initial backup I have exported my Outlook PST file a couple of times, and added a test file to my desktop but it now seems to not back up these files… I have it set to contiuouse … 

Sitting here now the drive is flashing as if it is doing something, but these files are still not backed up… 

Am I doing something wrong?

Should I ditch WED Smartware and waste my money and go back to, what seems more reliable Memeo?

Any advice would be appreciated. I use this for business,  ao backups are essential.

Thanks

Stuart

It seems that if you leave the drive plugged in for long enough it will find and backup the files… After about 1 hour it has backed up the files, plus added a new one I created… 

Will monitor and see how it goes… 

From this I presume that it scans ALL files to see if anything changes… 

I recently purchased a WD backup drive and the WD Smartware.  Altho it seemed clunky at first, once I figured out how to setup the backup frequency and folders, it seems to be working well.   You can check how it’s performing by comparing the data in your folders to the data stored on the drive in the folder WD Smartware.swstor, then looking at the drive volume and your folders are there to compare… i just run properties on various folders and compare the files and data size to the ones on my original drive.  I’ve got about  2Tb of drive space so it took about a day to copy everything.  Some files that showed as not backed up eventually got backed up,  as I viewed them the next day and selected to retry them.

Done a few tests and all seems to be working OK now… maybe I was comparing it to Memeo too much… Lol