WD Smartware macbook restoring problems

I have failed to properly back up my macbook after deleting the hard drive. The password lock faclility meant the migration app failed to recognise the WD passport. Now I have reinstalled Lion, even copying the files manually doesn’t work as it says the files are on a locked drive. However when I plut it into my friends macbook they recognis it straight away. I cannot even get access to the WD smartware to turn off the security so I can do anoter clean install. Heeeelp!

Why don’t you install WD Smartware in your friend computer and try to remove the password protection?

Thanks Cuernudo for the post. Unfortunately, the only icon that appears when I plug it in to my friends macbook is the unlocker. The wd smartware is missing. Can I download this from the WD site maybe?

Yes you can.

Topaz wrote:

Thanks Cuernudo for the post. Unfortunately, the only icon that appears when I plug it in to my friends macbook is the unlocker. The wd smartware is missing. Can I download this from the WD site maybe?

Ok, this is normal, if you click in the unlock icon, it should allow you to put your password and access the data.

Also, you can download the WD Smartware from the link below, just select the drive that you have:

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=2&lang=en