WD Smartware help

Ok, i just purchased a WD My Passport 1TB that i reformatted hastily to be compatible with my mac book pro, because i needed to transfer loads of files ASAP as my mbp’s running out of space.

So i transferred everything and then it hit me, i accidentally removed the WD external hard drive software when i reformatted it!

I did not recognize the files at all! What’s inside a My Passport unit normally?
Once i can verify them, i can re-download them right?
I also need help on that one, how do i go about putting them back in and installing everything?
I do want to password protect my external as well.

Help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I did not recognize the files at all! What’s inside a My Passport unit normally?

It will depend on the model of the unit hat you have, some of then just comes with the WD Utilities or WD Smartware that is a backup software.

Once I can verify them, I can re-download them right?  Yes, all app are available through WD Web site

I also need help on that one, how do I go about putting them back in and installing everything?

All the applications comes with instructions directly from the WD web site

I do want to password protect my external as well…

In order for you to setup the password protection, you will need to install the WD Security application or the WD smartware depending on the drive that you have.

Hi I have a WD- External 2TB USB 3.0 Disk and Passport 2 TB USB 3.0 drives…

I have enabled Pssword protection on Passport… but not in external drive. When I start Smartware…it recognises the 2GB Drive not the Passport. I want to remove the password protection on passport…but I am stuck due to this issue.