WD SmartWare for Windows Version 2.4.10.17 Issue

I am using a WD My Passport Essential (USB 3.0). My PC’s operating system is Windows Vista 32bit. After installing the SmartWare for Windows Version 2.4.10.17, when you boot up the PC, the windows detail pane opens showing the windows folders, WD Quick Formatter.exe, etc within the My Passport drive. ie computer-My Passport (F:).

If I shut off the WD Quick View icon in the taskbar using msconfig, this problem goes away.

Also, there are a number of files in the aformentioned folder with nothing in them. An example:

4aeb32d1bd689e63202911 

Also a few questions. Is the SmartWare for Windows Version 2.4.10.17 just an update for the old software? Or is it a complete program that replaces the older version? And can one get the older version on your site?

Hello,

WD Smartware version 2.4.10.17 is a complete program that should work by itself. I recommend you unistall Smartware from the computer and then try to reinstall it again. 

Here is a link for the WD Smartware latest version (2.4.10.17)

Thank you for your reply Hamlet!

However, I have already used your suggestion twice. I also have deleted 2.4.10.17, and reinstalled the original version of SmartWare that was on the drive. That didn’t solve the issue either. So then I updated again back to 2.4.10.17, but still have the issue on reboot the showing of the Windows detail pane opens showing the windows folders, WD Quick Formatter.exe, etc within the My Passport drive.

I have tested the SmartWare, and it is backing up to the drive.