WD smartware for Imac Yosemite

I changed from windows machine to Imac Yosemite. I have problems downloading WD Smartware. Is there a solution?

I receive the WD smartware installer, but when i try to install, nothing seems to happen

Smartware is a program that WD supplies for Windows machines. I suggest that you use the built into Mac program called TimeMachine for your backups.

Thanks for your advice. That is what I can do for back-up. Can I use TimeMachine also for sharing files in my “private”  cloud, because one of the reasons to buy the Wd My Book, was to avoid recurring costs on cloud storage and filesharing solutions. I want to have my own cloud, to be able to switch it off as I want, because that is the only safe cloud.

>>> I want to have my own cloud, to be able to switch it off as I want, because that is the only safe cloud.

I use a 3 TB MC plus an always connected 4 TB My Book Studio for an in house single point backup for

• Mac Book Pro
  • 2 Windows 7 installs
  • 3 Linux installs

I turned off internet access on MC and my router (disabled UPnP) because I really only wanted to have a back up system