WD Smartware does not find MyCloudMirror after OS 5 Upgrade

I am running Windows 10 and recently upgraded my MyCloudMirror device to OS 5.05.111. The MyCloudMirror shows up on the network and I can query and open folders and files on the NAS using File Explorer.

My problem is that the WD Smartware application 2.4.21.1 no longer recognizes the MyCloudMirror device. My Smartware screen shows an icon for the MyCloudMirror and displays the Product Name and Serial Number when I scroll over the icon however in the box below the icon that normally shows how full the the device is and how it is being used; it says “No Writable Partition” .

Thanks in advance for any help.

@BobM1 WD Smartware is not supported on My Cloud OS 5. Windows File History, Acronis True Image or some other backup software of your choice can be used instead. We recommend to turn OFF “Web and Mobile Access” feature for any shares that contain Backup data. IE: if you create e new Backup share or send your new backups to the Smartware share.

@BobM1,

https://community.wd.com/t/new-acronis-true-image-for-western-digital-now-available/260022/5

I’ve successfully upgraded my old WDMyCloud Single Bay Gen2 with OS5…Everthing went quite well and amazingly WDSmartWare IS still functioning ! :). My drive is 8 TB and it’s at 33% usage, so I`m still generating previews.

I find the same is true but do not know what current security risks to expect.

I finally worked it out with a Symlink