WD Smartware crashing after installing OSx High Sierra

Hello, I have not seen similar topics regarding this issue so I post a new one: WD Smartware was working fine till a few days ago when I upgraded to High Sierra. Now when I launch it, it sets the software icon on the top bar as usual but when I click to open I just see the WD Smartware title on the top left and only Edit option available.

No way to open the visual interface window with all functions.

I tried to download a new version hoping that this may solve the issue but nothing. The one I have now installed is:

WD Smartware v 1.3.7.1.
WD Quick view v 2.4.4.2.

My WD drive is set to be opened by password and it takes a long time and several plug-off/in before I see a WD Security device appearing on Finder.

Is there anyone who can help on this issue, please? I would consider to uninstall WD Smartware and then install it again but I am afraid it may worsen the situation and make impossible for me to open the hard disk…

Thanks a lot!

Not sure what version of Mac OS you had prior to the High Sierra update but SmartWare for Mac was only supported up through OS 10.9
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=15031

I had Sierra, already well beyond 10.9 and WD Smartware was working fine. Is there any other WD software I may download to replace WD S.?

That would depend on the drive you are backing up to. Newer WD drives will support the new WD Backup software that is replacing the WD SmartWare. You would have to go to the WD Support page and see what software your drive supports. If it does not support WD Backup, the next option would be Time Machine.