[WD SmartWare] Can't select drive as backup destination

Hi,

I have a MyCloud used mainly for backups.
I haven’t used it for a while, and today I re-plugged it to use it again.

I couldn’t make WD SmartWare work so I reinstalled it. I have the same problem after reinstalling : on home screen, “backup” and “restore” tabs are grayed (not clickable). In the middle of the screen, I have an icon of my MyCloud, with a message asking to click on it to access. I do click on it ; then i’m prompted for a login/pass. I provide (correct) login/pass, and then, nothing more happens (I’m back on same home screen, and nothing has changed).

Any idea of how I could solve this ?

Regards

@jeremie1
What color are the LEDs on front and back of My Cloud and what are the rear LEDs doing? If they are working properly have you rebooted your router?

Thanks for your help.

The front LED is blue, the back one (ethernet) is flashing.

I have already rebooted the router, but it hasn’t helped.

@jeremie1
So you are not able to select the My Cloud and back up to it? See example image below.

Actually, I see :

And when I click on the MyCloud icon (as asked in the text), I get :
2018-04-24%2015_47_32-Greenshot

From there, nothing I do (entering a right or wrong password) change anything : it just closes the popup, without doing anything more

Have you looked at the Help tab for more information. See the image below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

Here is a link for the User Manual if you do not have it. Error

Indeed, I have read the User Manual and help, but it wasn’t useful

@jeremie1
Do you have SmartWare Pro, if yes, click on the Gold key that is showing and see what happens. If you have pro have you reentered the key? Here is what should be showing at the bottom left when you click on Help.

I don’t have Pro.
I have the following message at bottom left :
2018-04-25%2009_00_15-Greenshot