WD Smartare licence query

I’m struggling to find info on whether WD Smartware on MyBook Live has any licensing restrictions.

If I purchase one large drive, can I backup from 2 or 3 workstations with the provided licence?

I found another similar question, but the answer directs me to a useless link at Memeo.  I trust that WD Smartware is not from Memeo?

As far as I know as long as you have smartware installed on a windows XP, Vista or 7 computer, it doesn’t matter how many computers you backup on your network. 

Thanks for brief reply.  However, that does not answer the questions regarding licencing of the software.

Maybe this forum is not the right place for queries?  I am not seeing any responses from WD?

There are not license restrictions.  You can install Smartware in as many computers as you want and make backups to the My Book Live. SmartWare is owned by WD, not Memeo. 

1 Like

zs6phd wrote:

Thanks for brief reply.  However, that does not answer the questions regarding licencing of the software.

Maybe this forum is not the right place for queries?  I am not seeing any responses from WD?

No restrictions as you have been told already

If you want to talk to WD direct you can contact them

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en