WD ShareSpace Firmware Update - Version 2.02.93 (4/12/11)

Thanks Bill, I appreciate your help.

FYI, I got one more reply from tech support telling me to move the box to another network. Needless to say that if I could do it, I wouldn’t be here asking for help.

Cheers

Just to inform everyone, I got the 2.2.93 firmware from support for manual upgrade. Next updates should be available for manual update. For some legal reasons, they’re not allowed to give the access to it, but the good news is, they will release a different version which is downloadable.

Proxy users thank you, WDC !

Ok I’ve the same problem

My workaround is to set via SSH chmod 777 -R to all folder and subfolder of my share

After That the ACL’s are applying correctly

Hi,

I got exactly the same problem. WD support adviced me to fill in an RMA form and they will send me a new drive. But Why?

The software seems to be on the disks. Moving the disks does not solve the problem, or will it?

Thanks,

Albertv

In my point of view the problem is related to files ACL’s and permission management

Maybe linux version or something else

hi

I upgarde Firmware. But  how many take time to firmware upgarde.

Please help me.

please tell me how many take time this activity.

Kindy reply me… for this same issue.

Hi at all!

After Firmware Update to version 2.2.93, I have trouble with my domain users.

Also I have resent my data to the domain controller with NAS Web menue “Network” - “Workgroup”.

So all Users can read their data, but are not allowed to write data to the NAS, although they are permitted with full access at NAS Web menue “Users” - “Folder Share Permissions”.

Has anyone the same problems? Who can help?

My Domain is a Windows Domain. Domaincontroller is Windows 2003 Enterprise 32bit.

The Problem still exists after the firmware update to v 2.2.93 

Thanks and Greetings

Andreas

To me has been the same when you upgrade to 2.2.93
Have you found any solution?

At the moment I’ve solved this way:
- Access to the server via ssh nas

• Change the permissions to the folders in /DataVolume to 777

e.x.“chmod-R 777 /DataVolume/folder01”

I have an issue with the FTP service ever since the upgrade (from 2.2.91).

It’s impossible to connect to the FTP from outside the LAN, the connection times out and there are no log entries showing the external connection attempt under Advanced Mode → Status → System Logs → FTP.

The FTP port wasn’t changed (I’m not using the default 21) and the router settings (port forwarding etc.) didn’t change either. I’m registered with dyndns but I can’t even login using the actual external IP address.

Does anybody else have this problem? I triple checked all the ShareSpace and the router settings, and restarted the router, but I’ve been having this problem ever since the firmware update so I don’t think it’s on the router’s end. Being able to access the ShareSpace away from home was one of the main reasons for getting it.

Please provide details about port setting at ShareSpace and port forwarding configuration at router.

MarioS wrote:The FTP port wasn’t changed (I’m not using the default 21) and the router settings (port forwarding etc.) didn’t change either. I’m registered with dyndns but I can’t even login using the actual external IP address.

ShareSpace Settings:

Service Enable
Enable Anonymous No
Port
(Default: 21)
(Range: 8000 through 8999)

Router Settings: Single Port Forwarding: External Port 8121, Internal Port 8121, Protocol TCP, to IP Address 192.168.1.xxx

The ShareSpace’s internal IP address never changes.

My Linux box can access the FTP using the internal IP, nut not the external.  It can connect using NFS however.

It seems like the WinXP PC can’t connect at all anymore (No FTP, no SMB).

Update:

I have been playing around with the ports more. I tried a number of them before but now found one that works: 8921.  I wonder if Comcast put a block on the one(s) I used/tried before.  If yes, then this must have happened around the same time I updated the firmware on the ShareSpace.

After updating from .91 to .93, I am no longer able to access anything using CIFS (SMB) from any system. AFP works fine, as does FTP. I SSH’d into the box and found that smbd isn’t running. Attempting to start it gives a segmentation fault. Trying with -d 9 doesn’t give any details; just the segfault. Any ideas? WD, when will this be fixed?!?

My experience on this is an incompatibility with the program smbd with a dependent library(ies). It’s possible the upgrade did not install a newer version. You can run the following commands on the program “/usr/sbin/smbd” and see the dependencies:

strings /usr/sbin/smbd  | grep lib  | more

The most obvious libraries are these:

/usr/sbin $ cd /usr/lib
/usr/lib $ ls -l *smb*
-rwxrwxr-x    1 root     root       373428 Dec 17  2010 libnonsmbd.so
-rwxrwxr-x    1 root     root       379160 Dec 17  2010 libsmb.so
-rwxrwxr-x    1 root     root        39800 Dec 17  2010 libsmbldap.so

Mine works on this firmware rev, so check to see if the above 3 libraries have the same size and date stamp. Also, smbd look like this so check it, too.

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      2012112 Dec 17  2010 smbd

HTH,

–dennis

My Firmware gets stuck at 38 then goes to 0% and stops… Any help?

I have done a full factory restore and wipe. No firewalls and no proxies at all. 

I wish i could just download the firmware. WD support said it is faulty but works like a charm apart from that. I have 3 drives in a span. I lost one drive on the restore.

Any help appreciated… or place to download the latest firmware. I am 2.13

Same problem here - upgrade goes to 40% and then back to 0%…

Horrible…