WD ShareSpace 2 TB - windows 7

I am a home user trying to connect wd share space from windows 7 and ending up in error.

\ \ 192.168.1.235 \ public (file://%5C%5C192.168.1.235%5Cusb1-1share1)not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The specified network name is no longer available.

I an access this folder and the files from XP. Here are things I already tried

1. Disabling Antivirus

2. Disabling Firewall

3. Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

• 4O or 56 bit encryption

• Turn off protected sharing

1. Trying to connect wired and wireless

2. Window 7 Ultimate & Uindows 7 Professional

3. Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Local Security Policy\

Set - Send LM & NTLM responses: Clients use LM and NTLM authentication and never use NTLMv2 session security; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.

1. Updated wd share space firmware

2. The 2B drive are mirrored (not sure that’s the issue)

3. Formatting??, I can’t access the USB plug on the front usb port, same above error

I am play media files from Twoky Media played fine from both XP and windows 7.

Contacted support team and they think I am stupid and ask me to try \ ip \ share and that should work, after 3 correspondance and screen shots.

Any help would be appriciated or I will have to return it :frowning:

Thank You

Dipesh

Did you return it?  Or do you still need help.

It won’t show up until you format the USB drive from inside the ShareSpace UI. I happened to me. :wink:

Hi,

Did you find a solution for your problem ? I have the exact same situation …

Thanks,

Morez.

Yes, I updated the firmware and then format the drive took couple of hours and make it work. It working great now, it’s sluggish but works :slight_smile: