WD Seriously needs to update tracking watched movies or episodes!

Hi

Currently the only flagging of a watched video is a little white circle that fills in half way with black if a video has been watched!.. COME ON!! I Believe the WD hub’s number #1 job is streaming all types of video files, and all they have is a little circle to track what we have seen!!! I mean even the Boxee Box has a large X next to each viewed video, and you can also remove the X.    Also another issue is that if the WD hub power goes out or a short period of time OR if I leave the WD on 24/7, I’ll come back and the cicles that were filled, are now gone, so I have no clue which episode I watched. Has WD given up making the Hub better?!? Considering the cost to buy this media center??!

Hi,

Add this to the ideas board to see if that can be implemented in a future firmware.

reddragon0000 wrote:

Also another issue is that if the WD hub power goes out or a short period of time OR if I leave the WD on 24/7, I’ll come back and the cicles that were filled, are now gone, so I have no clue which episode I watched. Has WD given up making the Hub better?!? Considering the cost to buy this media center??!

Yeah, and lots of people with the Boxee complained that the X was too garish.  :)   

As to the second point:  You’re not using the Media Library, I’m guessing – as that’s where the WATCHED status would be saved.   If you’re not using the Media Library, then it just saves in RAM, which of course is lost when rebooted.

As far as Removing the Watched status, yeah, that’d be a nice-to-have.  But there is a way around it – just rename the file.